A fairy-tale villa on the Amalfi coast, Villa Rondinaia is an elegant, historic residence surrounded by terraced gardens with breathtaking views of the Amalfi coast and Gulf of Salerno. Immersed in a park of unparalleled beauty, embedded in the rockface, the villa ia suspended on the breathtaking cliffside, securing a truly unique location and absolute privacy. The main building is spread over an area of 950 square meters, including terraces and balconies, and is surrounded by a park over 25,000 square meters large.
The internal and external set up of the estate provide the quintessential scenario for an amazing stay, characterized by the highest levels of quality, elegance, and luxury. The interiors underwent an extensive, careful restoration, respecting the historical-artistic constraints of the original property and the traditional architectural elements typical of the coast. Almost all of its decor and furnishings, all of the highest quality, were made by Italian artisans, integrated with antiques, such as the gold plated door knobs and goldsmith cabinet doors, Murano glass lamps, statues and busts of valuable artistic value, and contemporary Italian masterpieces part of the owners private art collection.
All rooms enjoy the latest generation in maxi TV screens, beautiful works of art and valuable paintings, Murano glass chandeliers, Venetian wall lamps, minibar, safe, chromotherapy showers, and bathroom courtesy sets on part with a five star hotel. Each room has its own en-suite bathrooms with either a large bathtub or shower. One suite also brags its on Jacuzzi set into the rock. All rooms have extraordinary views that can also be enjoyed from their panoramic terraces or verandas.
Once the private paradise of the American author and screenwriter Gore Vidal, the rooms of the Villa Rondinaia, now elegantly restored and furnished, have welcomed the world’s elite, including Princess Margaret of England, Hillary Clinton, Andy Warhol, Mick and Bianca Jagger, Giovanni and Marella Agnelli, & Tennessee Williams just to name a few. Today, Villa Rondinaia is a private family-run estate located in the heart of the Amalfi Coast.
*Map location may be approximate
Nearest town: In Ravello, 10 minutes walk from Piazza Duomo
Surface Indoor 950 sqm
Surface Outdoor: A private park of 25.000 sqm
Swimming pool: 5.50 mt x 15 mt x 2.70 mt deep
The villa can be reached by foot only. There are 30 steps down from the walking path of the garden to reach the villas main entrance.
REFUNDABLE DAMAGE DEPOSIT: Euro 10.000
HIGHLIGHTS & VILLA LAYOUT:
- Entrance hall
- Gore Vidal’s former studio
- Living rooms
- Kitchen for staff use
- Two sea faced terraces
- Inspiration Suite: 70 sqm with King size bed, living room, panoramic veranda, en-suite bathroom
- Serenity Suite: 60 sqm with King size bed. Veranda with sunken Jacuzzi, large shower with two indipendent areas.
- Desire Suite: 30 sqm with King size bed and en-suite bathroom with shower cubicle.
- Curiosity Suite: 30 sqm with King size bed and en-suite bathroom with shower cubicle
- 100 sqm panoramic terrace
- Extasy Suite: 30 sqm with King size bed and en-suite bathroom with shower cubicle
- Independent Suite: 30 sqm with King size bed and en-suite bathroom with shower cubicle
- Private park and garden
- Swimming pool
- Terraces with sea view
- Two half baths near the pool
SERVICES INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL RATE (STAFF SERVICE):
- Villa manager, on call h24
- Daily cleaning and rearrangement of rooms and common areas
- Change of bed linen every two days
- Daily change of bath linen
- Pool towels
- Daily continental breakfast
- Air condition
- Complete courtesy set and bathroom amenities of the brand “Ortigia”
- Porter service upon arrival and departure
- Final cleaning
- Bar in the common areas
- Electircal boiler
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Laundry facilities
- Minibar in all the bedrooms
- private pool
- Safe box for portable computer
- Smart TV 4k in all the bedrooms
- Telephone in all the bedrooms