IN A FOREST RICH WITH FLORA THAT HAS THRIVED FOR MILLIONS OF YEARS, WITHIN THE LUSH GREEN EXPANSE OF A WORKING TEA PLANTATION, ONE&ONLY NYUNGWE HOUSE RWANDA IS A SERENE HAVEN OF INDULGENCE WHERE YOU CAN DISCONNECT FROM THE OUTSIDE WORLD AND IMMERSE YOURSELF IN LIFE’S PASSIONS AND FASCINATIONS.
Take a walk in the thick of the wilderness, as majestic mahoganies, giant ferns and delicate orchids magically surround you. Encounter the rare Mangabey monkey, lively in its own playground, and cheer as you capture a rare butterfly in flight. From the dazzling heights of a canopy walk, to the thrilling trails of a mountain bike adventure, immerse yourself in nature from every angle and soak up the knowledge of those who know it best.
Then retreat to a place where enchanting experiences are curated just for you, from evening drinks by the bonfire and grand feasts below mountain vistas, to soothing African inspired spa therapies, and atmospheric movie nights under the stars.
Imagine a place immersed in a natural beauty. Remote; one-of-a-kind; where the world’s best kept secrets become yours to behold. Where once-in-a-lifteime moments are curated especially for you, inspired by the land, the wildlife and the people, and where every creature-comfort is at your fingertips. This is a journey few will ever take.
• One&Only Nyungwe House is set on the edge of the Nyungwe Forest in Rwanda’s mountainous southwest. Part of a working tea plantation, its roots are well-established, yet its offerings are distinctly modern with every comfort you could ever need or desire.
• We believe the adventure begins on the journey itself. That’s why our transfers are so much more than transfers. Our charismatic hosts welcome you personally at Kigali International Airport, and take you on breathtaking journey in a luxury SUV, equipped with every creature comfort. Stopping at unmissable points of interest along the way, with refreshments and a beautifully prepared picnic, remarkable surprises await before you’ve even touched down at the resort.
Every breathtaking room and suite has been architecturally designed to blend seamlessly with the unique landscape, to respect the environment, and perfectly frame the best aspects of Nyungwe Forest’s natural beauty. As the flurry of nature unfolds around you, you remain continually connected to the surroundings with an emphasis on indoor/outdoor living. Spacious furnished balconies open up to the lush flora, with mesmerising forest views and aspects over the fascinating working tea plantation.
• 22 luxury rooms and suites and situated in six stunning wooden villas.
• All designed to frame nature, with exceptional views of the Nyungwe Forest.
• Open fireplaces in each and every room and suite.
• Private decks offer all guests extraordinary private spaces to watch the wildlife.
• Interiors and artwork is inspired by the natural beauty and traditions of
ONCE IN A LIFETIME MOMENTS
No one has walked in your shoes, nor dreamed your dreams, so we curate a completely bespoke itinerary to make your passions and interests come to life. With expert local guides and visiting international specialists, every discovery will be illuminated by a wealth of knowledge and fascinating first-hand stories.
• Delight in active adventures, such as mountain biking, kayaking, and trekking.
• Feel the thrill of wild up-close encounters, from rare primates and reptiles to butterflies and exotic birds.
• Enjoy heart-warming interactions with local people as you learn about unique ways of life and discover secrets of their crafts, cuisine and more.
• Socialise with likeminded worldly travellers in a myriad of stunning settings; around bonfires, guitars, and at daily aperitif gatherings.
• Soak up incredible tailored moments, designed especially for you, from private dining and private tours, to secluded wellness experiences and more.
DINING FOR ALL FIVE SENSES
Restaurants offer an array of local and international cuisine – as well as a variety of special dining venues, including:
• From stunning sunrise breakfasts that prepare you for a day of discovery, to leisurely all day à la carte brunches served in bed or out amongst the wilderness, nutritious and indulgent options are always on the menu.
• Lunches are often served ‘on-the-go’, but our picnics are truly something to behold. With beautifully-set tables and fresh local ingredients expertly prepared and creatively presented, they’re just another reason to say ‘wow’.
• From tempting nibbles around the bonfire and sociable grand feasts amongst the flora, to private dinners in a treehouse or secluded oasis, you’ll never have the same experience twice, here or anywhere else on the planet.
Being at one with nature sits hand in hand with an ethos of personal wellness. Whether you wish to enhance your healthy lifestyle, or delve into a new world of spiritual and physical development, there’s no better place to practice wellness than here.
• Savour mouth-watering, organic, garden-to-plate menus designed with exceptional nutritional value.
• Unwind with al fresco yoga, before inspiring vistas.
• Work up a sweat in a gym carved from nature’s own landscape.
• Indulge in holistic therapies, such as Rwandan-inspired spa treatments, offered in the warm open air.
- active adventures
- exceptional views of the Nyungwe Forest
- holistic therapies
- local and international cuisine
- part of working tea plantation
- secluded oasis
- tailored moments