CUSHIONED IN THE FOOTHILLS OF THE BREATHTAKING VIRUNGA VOLCANO R ANGE, ONE&ONLY RWANDA GORILLA’S NEST MAKES THE MAGICAL POSSIBLE AS YOU ENJOY A ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME, PERSONAL ENCOUNTER WITH THE R ARE AND MAJESTIC MOUNTAIN GORILLA, ROAMING FREE IN ITS OWN NATUR AL HABITAT.
Offering an exclusive front-row seat to the world’s most popular mountain gorilla sanctuary. You’ll be captivated as exotic colourful birds and one of the planet’s greatest array of primate species flourish before your eyes and welcome you into their world. Then retreat to your own world, a spectacular modern haven, where every creature comfort is yours to behold.
Located 120 kilometres, northwest of capital Kigali, One&Only Gorilla’s Nest is cushioned in the foothills of the Volcanoes National Park on the edge of the spectacular Virunga Mountains.
• Our warm hosts will welcome you personally at Kigali International Airport and take you on a breathtaking 2.5-hour journey by luxury SUV. We can also arrange a scenic helicopter transfer that offers aerial views of the Virunga Volcanoes.
• The surrounding park is home to five of the eight volcanoes of the Virunga Mountains and is a vast playground, with 160km2 of rainforest and bamboo.
• The resort benefits from a temperate climate year-round:
June to September (Dry season) – average temperature of 15-28°C/59-82°F and an average of 2 rainy days per month.
• October to May (Rainy season)
– average temperature of 16-27°C/60-80°F and an average of 15 rainy days per month.
• Enjoy the creature comforts of beautifully designed private sanctuaries that seamlessly blend with our location. Natural materials and colour palettes weave through every space, echoing the unique world beyond.
• An intimate collection of 21 jungle-chic havens, swathed in eucalyptus and volcano views.
• Every space is designed to frame nature, encircled by trees for ultimate privacy, with breathtaking views of Pyrethrum farmland, lush shambas and Eucalpytus forest.
TIME TO PLAY, SPACE TO BE
Discover the highlights and the secrets of the Volcanoes National Park with our inclusive, signature, and private experiences, including:
• Wildlife encounters – Feel the thrill of up-close encounters with the endangered Mountain Gorillas found only in this part of the world. Majestic in their own habitat, hiking can last from 30min to 4 hours + depending on the family allocated to your group and their location. Spot Golden Monkeys, playful in the canopy, and a wealth of exotic birds, some found only here. Visit zoologist Dian Fossey’s Karisoke Research Centre to learn firsthand about her celebrated work.
• Volcano Climbing – Immerse yourself in the wonders of the forest, traversing magical landscapes and scaling epic volcanoes. Discover intriguing species of flora and fauna, with the chance to camp overnight amongst nature at its purist.
• Meet the Locals – Enjoy heartwarming interactions with local people as you learn about their unique ways of life, discovering secrets of their culture, cuisine, and more.
DINING FOR ALL FIVE SENSES
Soak up the wonders of our environment as you savour authentic Rwandan flavours, prepared with contemporary flair, showcasing vegetables and herbs harvested from the resort’s own thriving gardens.
• Enjoy a new exciting dining experience every single day as pop-up restaurants appear around resort grounds; under an enchanting tree, around the crackling fire pit, or amongst the leafy branches of our resort treehouse.
• Discover the resort’s signature ingredient – the rose petal. One&Only Gorilla’s Nest is surrounded by flourishing rose bushes and these petals are infused in bespoke cocktails, refreshing lemonades, and teas.
There’s no better place to practice wellness than a place where you feel truly at one nature. Whether you wish to enhance your healthy lifestyle, or delve into a new world of spiritual and physical development, a wealth of treatments and experiences await, drawing from traditional African wisdom.
- 21 jungle-chic havens
- private sanctuaries
- volcano views